by Gillette Vaira
July 12, 2021
Influencer marketing gets companies in front of the right target audiences, helping them increase brand awareness and close sales. Companies considering an influencer marketing campaign of their own should consider these details before launch.
Frequency of Influencer Content
Every influencer marketing campaign is different. According to a survey conducted by Influencer Marketing Hub, marketers utilize influencer marketing in a variety of frequencies.
- 65% implement influencer marketing during campaigns only
- 35% implement influencer marketing during “always-on” campaigns
- 39% implement influencer campaigns monthly
- 28% implement influencer campaigns quarterly
- 15% implement influencer campaigns annually
- 19% implement influencer campaigns when they launch a new product
Before you undergo an influencer campaign, consider the frequency of the influencer content – and which channels are best suited for your audience. If it’s your company’s first experience with influencer marketing, perhaps a shorter-term, “new product” campaign is the best way to get started.
Budgeting for an Influencer
Influencers usually do not charge a flat fee. Instead, many variables contribute to what an influencer charges, such as the following:
- The influencers’ reach
- The influencers’ audience engagement rates
- The channel the ad will be promoted and/or cross-posted
- How many posts the brand requests
- What the posts include (images, videos, audio, graphics, etc.)
- The effort required from the influencer
Below are the rates for influencers by channel in 2021.
- Nano-influencers: $25–$250/post
- Micro-influencers: $250–$1,250/post
- Mid-tier influencers: $1,250–$12,500/post
- Macro-influencers: $12,500–$25,000/post
- Mega-influencers: $25,000 or more/post
- Nano-influencers: $10–$100/post
- Micro-influencers: $100–$500/post
- Mid-tier influencers: $500–$5,000/post
- Macro-influencers: $5,000–$10,000/post
- Mega-influencers: $10,000 or more/post
- Nano-influencers: $20–$200/post
- Micro-influencers: $200–$1,000/video
- Mid-tier influencers: $1,000–$10,000/video
- Macro-influencers: $10,000–$20,000/post
- Mega-influencers: $20,000 or more/post
- Video views: $50–$100/1,000 views
Don’t miss the final post of this blog series, where we will bring you provide step-by-step instructions for how to launch your influencer marketing campaign.
This is part three of a four-part series about influencer marketing. Read the other articles here.
Digital Marketing Institute
Digital Marketing Institute – Content Creation course
Influencer Orchestration Network
Tomoson Influencer Marketing Study