WordPress Website Developer
Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities.
The word “limited” is not in our vocabulary.
Never been done before? That’s where we excel.
We’re Rebel River Creative, a full-service creative agency based in Billings.
With a growing number of A-List clients, our small team of designers, marketing strategists and communication experts is expanding. We’re searching for a talented WordPress Website Developer with a passion for all things support and helping the customer and rock-solid knowledge. Experience at a high-level is essential, as is the ability to deftly manage multiple projects.
We are looking for someone to join our team who…
- Is an empathic person. We listen to our clients. It’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
- Wants to make a difference. We produce excellent work and as part of our creative team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
- Is a self-starter-you don’t need to be micro-managed
- Is polite and understanding.
- Has a curiosity to learn and grow and be a part of a growing company.
Here are the skills you need to have to apply:
- Proven work experience in WordPress. A degree is not required, but practical experience building websites and supporting them is what we are looking for in a candidate.
- Five years or more work experience in a WordPress environment (WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, Stripe, and other related plugin technology platforms a plus).
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and/or Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- WordPress plugin development experience a plus.
- WordPress theme development experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Hosting protocols and WordPress server-side directory structure.
- A thorough understanding of how web applications work including security, and best development practices.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console.
- In depth knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues in user-friendly language to non-technical end users.
- Solid understanding of basic computer functions and the ability to teach and train others.
- Understanding and troubleshooting proficiency in DNS.
- Website maintenance, backup, restore, email hosting, and control panel experience.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail and ability to project manage.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Highly collaborative work style and willing to take constructive critique with a smile. Sorry, no egos here.
What you will do:
- Participate in the Project Discovery process.
- Meet with clients directly and remotely to discuss website design process.
- Ability to support and provide maintenance for websites created by Rebel River Creative.
- Being able to provide support and maintenance for other WordPress websites that are hosted on our network, but may have been developed by another party.
- Design and build the website front-end.
- Create the website architecture in collaboration with designer and content developer.
- Design and manage the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Conduct website performance tests.
- Troubleshoot content issues.
- Conduct WordPress training with the client.
- Monitor the performance of the live website.
- Respond to client support questions about WordPress web design, hosting and theme related issues.
- Answer support client calls, emails, or online chat regarding website troubleshooting, site updates, plugin updates, server or hosting issues, and troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist with identifying the root cause of problems; manages and resolves issues in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and work to establish a positive rapport.
- Set up development environments and launch websites.
- Assist our internal team with technical and training support.
- Be available to provide after-hours and weekend coverage as needed.
- Write detailed bug reports with replication steps for our developers to fix.
- Write new documentation and update existing support articles as needed.
Rebel River Creative has its beginnings in the corporate world. Well, maybe it’s more accurate to say our studio was inspired by the many years spent working in the corporate world. The perks were pretty good, but budgets and resources were continually being cut until we could no longer do our best work.
It was time for change.
Looking out at the vast business landscape the founders saw opportunity. Taking a bold step forward, they pulled together an elite team and opened Rebel River Creative. The company adheres to two fundamental principles:
- To deliver extraordinary work. Every. Single. Project.
- To build a culture that honors employees and their talent. Perhaps this should be listed first because without our great people this agency would not exist.
The formula is working. Years later we have a growing number of A-list clients and we’re attracting top talent. If you enjoy working with kind, thoughtful, collaborative people who know how to deliver an extraordinary client experience, maybe you would like to join us.
Fun and creative excellence are not mutually exclusive.
Send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org