Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities.
The word “limited” is not in our vocabulary.
Never been done before? That’s where we excel.
We’re Rebel River Creative, a full-service creative agency based in Billings.
With a growing number of A-List clients, our small team of designers, marketing strategists and communication experts is expanding. We’re searching for a talented WordPress Support/Digital Marketing Support individual with a passion for all things support and helping the customer and rock-solid knowledge. Experience at a high-level is essential, as is the ability to deftly manage multiple projects.
We are looking for someone to join our team who…
- Is an empathic person. In general, people write in to support because they are frustrated; as a support person, it’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
- Wants to make a difference. We have many customers write in to us on a daily basis. As part of the support team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
- Is patient and understanding with customers. Someone who can make the technical non-technical. In support, it’s often the case where you need to explain a technical concept to someone who isn’t technical at all; explaining this in a non-patronizing way, in easy-to-follow plain English isn’t easy! But that’s what we need.
- Is a self-starter-you don’t need to be micro-managed
- Is polite and understanding.
- Has a curiosity to learn and grow and be a part of a growing company.
Here are the skills you need to have to apply:
- Proven work experience in WordPress-a degree is not required but practical experience building websites and supporting them is what we are looking for in a candidate
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer at minimum 5 years – (WooCommerce, Shopify, G Suite, and other technology platforms a plus!
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and/or Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- WordPress plugin development experience a plus.
- WordPress theme development experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Hosting protocols and WordPress server-side directory structure.
- A thorough understanding of how web applications work including security, SEO, and best development practices
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console
- In depth knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues in user-friendly language to non-technical end users.
- Solid understanding of basic computer functions and the ability to teach and train others.
- Understanding and troubleshooting proficiency in DNS.
- Website maintenance, backup, restore, email hosting, and control panel experience.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail and ability to project manage
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Highly collaborative work style and willing to take constructive critique with a smile. Sorry, no egos here.
What you will do:
We are looking to hire a successful candidate who has a proven work experience and skills in WordPress. Self-motivated individuals tend to thrive best and we are looking for someone filled with inspiration and who isn’t afraid to take initiative. The position is for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress including themes and plugins, SEO, and digital marketing. The job duties include be creative and contribute based on your merit, be positive humble, and contributing member to our small team, take the initiative to better yourself as a developer.
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture in collaboration with designer and content developer
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Respond to client support questions about WordPress web design, hosting and theme related issues.
- Answer support client calls, emails, or online chat regarding website troubleshooting, site updates, plugin updates, server or hosting issues, and troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist with identifying the root cause of problems; manages and resolves issues in a constantly changing environment
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and work to establish a positive rapport
- Log billable time and send invoices for support requests promptly
- Set up development environments and launch websites
- Assist our internal team with technical and training support
- Be available to provide after-hours and weekend coverage as needed
- Write detailed bug reports with replication steps for our developers to fix.
- Write new documentation and update existing support articles as needed.
Rebel River Creative has its beginnings in the corporate world. Well, maybe it’s more accurate to say our studio was inspired by the many years spent working in the corporate world. The perks were pretty good, but budgets and resources were continually being cut until we could no longer do our best work.
It was time for change.
Looking out at the vast business landscape the founders saw opportunity. Taking a bold step forward, they pulled together an elite team and opened Rebel River Creative. The company adheres to two fundamental principles:
- To deliver extraordinary work. Every. Single. Project.
- To build a culture that honors employees and their talent. Perhaps this should be listed first because without our great people this agency would not exist.
The formula is working. Years later we have a growing number of A-list clients and we’re attracting top talent. If you enjoy working with kind, thoughtful, collaborative people who know how to deliver an extraordinary client experience, maybe you would like to join us.
Fun and creative excellence are not mutually exclusive.